FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meaning of nonverbal communication in different cultures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nguyen_Hong_Ngoc

Meaning of nonverbal communication in different cultures Empty
PostSubject: Meaning of nonverbal communication in different cultures   Meaning of nonverbal communication in different cultures I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:09 am

- Nodding is the same meaning that “Agree” in most countries in worldwide. On the contrary, in some places in Greece, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and Turkey, this means “Disagree”.
In Japan, nodding action just a signal that listener totally understand what you talk about.
On the other hand, when Bulgaria people nod, it means that they say “Yes”; and shaking the head which means “No”.
- Raising the eyebrows: is “Yes” in Thailand and the others in Asia. But in Philippines, it has meaning that saying “Hello”
- Blinking the eyes: this is similar with sentence “I would like to share my secret with you” in US and some in Europe. In some cases, this is a flirt cue the others in a lot of countries, particularly in Vietnam.
- Having haft- closed eyes: it means that “So bored” or “So sleepy” in US. However, in Japan, China and Thailand, this action is “I am hearing you”.
- Pushing the fore- finger in the nose lightly: in UK, it means that “This is a secret”, but in UK or Italy, they can understand that “Be careful”.
- Crossing the arms: in some nations, this means that “I am defending” or “I do not agree with you”.
- “OK” signal (fore-finger and thumb make “O” together):
In US: “That’s alright”
In German: “It’s stupid” or “You idiot”
In France: no meaning and no valuable (“zero” simple)
In Japan: simple of money
In Russia, Italy, Brazil, Turkey and Greece: showing somebody up in public
- Pointing: this action is normal in UK or North of US. But in China and Japan, it is considered as an impolite and disrespect behavior, so people usually use the hold hand to introduce someone or something.
- Looking at the partner’s eyes in communication: in order to show confidence of communicator, people in Europe, Canada and US always do this. Conversely, Japanese think that staring somebody especially new friends or superiors, which is impolite.
In some nations, looking down at the ground is a way to avoid staring someone and is regarded a respect.
In African countries, it is disrespected that someone who is in lower position looks the partners straight in the eyes.
Back to top Go down

Meaning of nonverbal communication in different cultures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1