FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Common mistakes of new leaders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NguyenTueMinh

Common mistakes of new leaders Empty
PostSubject: Common mistakes of new leaders   Common mistakes of new leaders I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 pm

My last post was about how to be a good leader. Following that, I would like to point out some common mistakes that leaders often make  Here are my summary:

Do it yourself.  There are way too many things to do, since you are a leader, you can not handle everything on your own. As a leader, you should divide it into specific parts and give it to your teammate. And just be there with full of support if your teammate needs you.

Lack of clear communications. Transparent communication is the mark of good business these days. Let members know what is going.  It is best to have a vehicle for dialogue and to have a mechanism for participation.
No vision. If the organization does not have a direction, then it is like a row boat with the members rowing in different directions and at different times.  Energy is wasted.  Having a vision, and a direction for the future is important…or the organization might have no future.

Lacking excitement and spirit. People want to feel good and they want to feel part of something bigger than themselves. Helping them feel good about the organization will help to keep them engaged. Talk about the successes and accomplishments of the organization.

Not being real. We all make mistakes. Own up to them. When you are not sure, ask for help. Don’t be afraid to show real emotions. People want to see that you, as a leader, have challenges, pains and fears. It helps them to face their own humanity and to feel safe with it.

No succession planning. Do you have someone in line to take over the reins of the organization, business, or club, if and when you are ready to step down? Do they know who they are? Have they been trained? Have they been in the organization a while? Do they have real experience? Do they know the players?

So what else do you think could be common mistakes to new managers? Please come and share together Smile 
Back to top Go down

Common mistakes of new leaders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1