FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VuongThiThuHa

Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam Empty
PostSubject: Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam   Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Vietnam’s statistics office and the World Bank shed new light on income in the country — and quantify the  rural-urban gap.  They say the typical city dweller earns $142 a month compared to $76 for rural residents.  Average earnings for Vietnam’s poorest citizens are estimated to be $24 per month, a 39% increase over the highly inflationary period between 2010 and 2013.

This helps explain two things: (1) why the world’s multi-national manufacturers are flocking to Vietnam to source their products, and (2) why entrepreneurial dreams are flourishing in the world’s 13th most populous country.

Vietnam has a young, educated, eager — and, most important, plugged-in — workforce accustomed to wages far behind its peers in China and elsewhere in Southeast Asia.  Even citizens who earn $1 a day tend to be literate and have someone in the family who is connected to the Internet.

And despite urban migration that is spurring explosive growth in Hanoi, Saigon and other cities, Vietnam’s population remains mostly rural and the employment mostly agriculture.  In this sector, $1 dollar a day remains the standard wage — and a job offer from a Japanese or German widget-maker looks like an attractive stepping stone to the entrepreneurial dreamland that is the World Wide Web.
Back to top Go down
NguyenTueMinh

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam   Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Nice. This is sad but a true look and true statistics about society in Vietnam. In fact, I think in the urban areas in Vietnam such as HaNoi, Ho Chi Minh city,etc would have a higher average wage. Just think about it, with $1 or 21,000VND, you are not able to survive.

Part time job in Vietnam normally you would have earn 10cent/hour. While in USA, AUS, UK the minimum wage are US$7, AUS$12, 6pound, respectively (per hour). 
So it means that if you only have a part time job in Vietnam, you would never ever survive. But in many countries, part time job is enough for normal livings, for food and basic physical demand of human being. But actually the difference between price in Vietnam and Australia for example is very huge. For instance, a bottle of water would be 20cent in Vietnam which is 10 times lower than in Australia.
Back to top Go down
VuongThiThuHa

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam   Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 pm

I wonder still when Vietnamese people all have a high living condition like other developing countries. Because they feel unsatisfied between the effort they put out and how much money they can earn, there has a shifting of human resource from Vietnam to others (for example: labour export, the trend that Vietnam women get married with foreign men...). This problem I said to you in the topic before.
Back to top Go down
NguyenTueMinh

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam   Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 pm

I think it would take a while for all the developing countries such as Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand also, exactly like Vietnam. But in case of Thailand, they are in front of us pretty far, they are on the right direction. And we have starting to change since DOI MOI(1986). 
Don't worry, probably couple more generations, (our grand grand grand children), Vietnamese would be much satisfy about our life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam   Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vietnam workforce situation and dreaming on $1 a day in Vietnam

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1