FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conflict - Good or Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NguyenAnhTu

NguyenAnhTu

Conflict - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Conflict - Good or Bad?   Conflict - Good or Bad? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Talking about conflict, most people would think about bad results. However, Louis Pondy (1967) observed that "conflict may be functional as well as dysfunctional for the individual and organization", which means it may result in either positive or negative outcomes.
In general, conflict tends toward different purposes reflects dysfunctional conflict. For example, A's idea is to shut down the factory while B's one is to expand the producing system to be more competitve. Dysfunctional conflict is often characterized by coercion, including manipulation, hidden agendas, or misused power, etc. 
In contrast, functional conflict is the interactions that lean toward integration. For example, A and B both want the company to go international. However, A wants to take the advantage of the current law and jump into global business right away while B plans to go after at least 6 months annalyzing. The functional conflict will result in greater trust, stronger relationships, mutual commitment, and positive outcomes more satisfactory to all parties.
After all, conflict is not always a bad thing. The point is that we need to be strong enough to handle every situation that we're caught in and transform it from negative to positive. Optimistic people are those who always see opportunities, not threats.

Last edited by NguyenAnhTu on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: Conflict - Good or Bad?   Conflict - Good or Bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Your article is so helpful when you show us advantage side of business conflicts. However, I wonder the word "positivisms", in your thinking, is used to optimistic people :-?  Question ; because I know it is a kind of philosophy where everything must to be proved by scientific evidences. Anyway, thanks for your post  Smile 
Back to top Go down
NguyenAnhTu

NguyenAnhTu

PostSubject: Re: Conflict - Good or Bad?   Conflict - Good or Bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Oh yes, thanks for your comment. I guess you're right. Sorry for using a wrong word :p It's really optimistic people. By the way, you're so hardworking at comment on others' posts Very Happy good job mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: Conflict - Good or Bad?   Conflict - Good or Bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Yeah, you should do like me, Tu  Razz 
Back to top Go down
NguyenAnhTu

NguyenAnhTu

PostSubject: Re: Conflict - Good or Bad?   Conflict - Good or Bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 pm

God of spamming Smile) Big fun with you big girl Smile) Just joking. By the way, it's a little far from the topic, we shouldn't comment too much outside the topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conflict - Good or Bad?   Conflict - Good or Bad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conflict - Good or Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1