FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some terminologies that you may need to know !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lưu Đức Quân

Some terminologies that you may need to know ! Empty
PostSubject: Some terminologies that you may need to know !   Some terminologies that you may need to know ! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:39 pm

In order to simplify and to avoid some unclear or misunderstand about our topic, I would like to indicate and define some terminologies in the easier way than in the book that perhaps useful for some forum's members. If there are any words that you do not understand, feel free to post here then I and other members will help you. This topic will be updated regularly !

- What is Cultural Synergy ?
      Cultural synergy is a term coined from work by Nancy Adler of McGill University which describes an attempt to bring two or more cultures together to form an organization or environment that is based on combined strengths, concepts and skills. The differences in the world's people are used in such a way that encourages mutual growth by cooperation.

In a more general sense, cultural synergy can be observed in the creation new or reproduced cultural forms that are distinct from the cultures from which those forms are derived. In either case, cultural synergy may be expected to be more prevalent as globalization takes place, and the concept and/or phrase can be found in discussions of globalization.

- What is Global Organization ?
      Global Organization is an international alliance involving many different countries, such as:
              +) OPEC; Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries (an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum).
              +) Common Market; EC; EEC; EU; Europe; European Community; European Economic Community; European Union (an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members).
              +) World Trade Organization; WTO (an international organization based in Geneva that monitors and enforces rules governing global trade).
Back to top Go down
Tuấn Việt

Tuấn Việt

PostSubject: Re: Some terminologies that you may need to know !   Some terminologies that you may need to know ! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi luuducquan, thanks you for your topic. I think it is very useful for everyone who need to know these terminologies. Besides your ideas, i also want to contribute some definitions about cultural synergy which i think they will help you and classmates can know clearly about this concept.
Synergy is cooperative or combined action that can occur when diverse or disparate group of people with varying viewpoints work together.The objective is to increase effectiveness by sharing perceptions, insights, and knowledge. But synergy is more than simply working together toward the mutual achievement of certain goals. The power of synergy rests in the reality that “when solving
problems, groups are often smarter than the smartest people within them” (Surowiecki, 2004, p. G1). Consequently, when ordinary people using available resources are allowed to freely exchange opinions and argue points of view,extraordinary results can occur. 
Synergy is also vital in solving complex international business problems.When a European conglomerate purchases the controlling rights of a U.S. rubber manufacturer or Common Market partners join together in a joint venture to produce an innovative airplane, synergistic skills are required. Differences in organizational cultures in these instances can either undermine the intended actions or can be used to enhance goal achievement. Synergy is needed to pool resources, talent, and capital for successful operation.
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: Some terminologies that you may need to know !   Some terminologies that you may need to know ! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

I think this is a difficult chapter to understand its terminologies. You try to select key information in the concept of cultural synergy. Thanks for your post! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some terminologies that you may need to know !   Some terminologies that you may need to know ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some terminologies that you may need to know !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FNB2.FTU :: KEY CONCEPTS OF INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION :: Group 3 - The Concept of Cultural Synergy and the Global Organization-