FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
helentran2711

helentran2711

10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour Empty
PostSubject: 10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour   10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 am

Small cultural nuances can loom large in a business setting. While it isn’t practical to cover all of the standard practices of every world culture here, the 10 guidelines below will make you a welcome guest and business partner no matter where in the world your next meeting takes you.
1. Always err on the side of formality. For example, don’t use first names in business dealings until you are given permission to do so.
2. Keep jokes to a minimum.
3. Err on the conservative/formal side in dress.
4. Follow your hosts’ lead in terms of personal space.
5. Use clear language without slang, sports analogies, or sayings that don’t make sense when translated literally.
6. Put everything in writing to avoid misunderstandings.
7. Use the phone for your initial conversations in order to build a rapport with your international contacts. (But remember to recap all verbal interactions in writing.)
8. Don’t expect immediate responses to your Saturday morning e-mails. Weekends and holidays are truly days off in most other countries.
9. If lunch is on your site visit agenda, expect to linger. Lunch in many countries is the most important meal of the day.
10. Don’t jump right into business without a period of socializing first. This is considered rude in many countries.
Source: Agnès Canonica, CMP, CMM, General Manager, North America and Latin America, MD Events, Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: 10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour   10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 11:39 pm

In the second group presentation, my group research business negotiation in Russia. The guildline No.10 mentioned above is matched perfectly with the Russian culture; but I'm not sure it is applied in other western country like England, Germany, etc, which is famous for going straight to the points.
Back to top Go down
helentran2711

helentran2711

PostSubject: Re: 10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour   10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Well you're right. The information above I believe show the pespectives in doing business in most countries but there are of course some exception, eg. like Russia in your case. As no.10 stated that it is a considerable situation in many countries, not saying that it applies for all nations so I hope that answer your question Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour   10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Basics for Smart International Business Behaviour

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1