FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oakwood Apartments Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NguyenAnhTu

NguyenAnhTu

Oakwood Apartments Guide Empty
PostSubject: Oakwood Apartments Guide   Oakwood Apartments Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 pm

I hold this topic to guide everyone about the homework of Ms. Ha. Because it's a guidance, I do not post the finished work but I'll show u how to do it. If it has any error, pls let me know.
To those who don't know what that homework is, pls check Ms. Ha's website before coming to class (http://web.ftu.edu.vn/nguyendiepha/handouts/real-estate-financing). The task's name is appraisal part 2.docx
The target of the task is to find out the PRICE of the Apartments. Read the docx carefully:

• The first paragraph tells us that u should focus on the income approach.
  • The first table gives us information about the apartments. Read carefully the detail about units and whether the figures are counted per year or per month (it's really important).
  • The second table and texts below that are about the price of Oakwood Apartments by using sales comparison approach, which also means the result of our homework (2 approaches must have the same result)
  • The rest paragraphs should be read carefully.
  • The last table shows all the expenses that the investor has to pay.

Now we'll move onto the steps:

• Read slide 20th of Real Estate Appraisal.
  • Firstly, u have to bear in mind that the figures are not in the same year, it moves along for 6 years (0-1-2-3-4-5-6). For every year, the expense/ price/ etc will rise for ? % (find them in the thread, it's not the same % for all figures). Therefore, make 6 columns represent 6 years.
  • According to the slide, u have to calculate the Rent income first (remember it's per year or per month or etc).
  • Next is Aditional Revenue (it's laundry).
  • After that, less Vacancy & Credit loss. It's counted by rental income data.
  • Sum all 3 and u have Effective Gross Income.
  • Use Effective Gross Income minus all expenses in table 3, remember the operating one (it's not in the table). The result will be NOI.
  • NOI/R will result in the PRICE of the apartments.
  • Use the price of year 6/R to have the value of the apartments in year 5.
  • Deduct the selling cost in year 5 will result the real price of it.
  • Calculate the present value of year 0 by using the price in year 5 and r. That's the result.

I hope this will help u guys to do the homework. It's quite complicated and new to us so goodluck. Feel free to comment if i have any mistakes. Pls like my post if it's helpful Very Happy (+ button on the right of the post, thank u)
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: Oakwood Apartments Guide   Oakwood Apartments Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks for your instruction Smile I think I can understand enough to complete this exercise. Let's check the result later, okay? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
NguyenAnhTu

NguyenAnhTu

PostSubject: Re: Oakwood Apartments Guide   Oakwood Apartments Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm

NOI net operating income, which means the profit u earn each year. Therefore in the last step, u need to compute the pv (in year 0) of [price in year 5 + NOIs from year 1 to year 5], that is the result. I hope that'd help Wink
Back to top Go down
PhuongAnh

PhuongAnh

PostSubject: Re: Oakwood Apartments Guide   Oakwood Apartments Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

really helpful guide!!! I've done the homework perfectly with your guidance. Mathematic subjects are really complicate to fully understand. Thanks for your post and look forward for more after the next lessons! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oakwood Apartments Guide   Oakwood Apartments Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oakwood Apartments Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FNB2.FTU :: STUDY CORNER :: FTU's Subjects-