FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some examples about global organization

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tuấn Việt

Tuấn Việt

Some examples about global organization Empty
PostSubject: Some examples about global organization   Some examples about global organization I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:25 am

In this topic i will give you some examples about global organization. Firstly i will introduce to you about OPEC.
OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) is an international organization whose mission is to coordinate the policies of the oil-producing countries. The goal is to secure a steady income to the member states and to secure supply of oil to consumers.

OPEC is an intergovernmental organization that was created at the Baghdad Conference on 10–14 September 1960, by Iraq, Kuwait, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. Later it was joined by nine more governments: Libya, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Indonesia, Algeria, Nigeria, Ecuador, Angola, and Gabon. OPEC was headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland before moving to Vienna, Austria, on September 1, 1965.

OPEC was formed at a time when the international oil market was largely dominated by multinational companies, the 'seven sisters'. OPEC's ‘Policy Statement' states that there is a right of all countries to exercise sovereignty over their natural resources.Because OPEC is an organisation of countries (not oil companies), individual members have sovereign immunity for their actions, meaning that OPEC is not regarded as being subject to competition law in the normal way.

In the 1970s, OPEC began to gain influence and steeply raised oil prices during the 1973 oil crisis in response to US aid to Israel during the Yom Kippur War.It lasted until March 1974.OPEC added to its goals the selling of oil for socio-economic growth of the poorer member nations, and membership grew to 13 by 1975. A few member countries became centrally planned economies.

In the 1980s, the price of oil was allowed to rise before the adverse effects of higher prices caused demand and price to fall. The OPEC nations, which depended on revenue from oil sales, experienced severe economic hardship from the lower demand for oil and consequently cut production in order to boost the price of oil. During this time, environmental issues began to emerge on the international energy agenda.Lower demand for oil saw the price of oil fall back to 1986 levels by 1998–99.

In the 2000s, a combination of factors pushed up oil prices even as supply remained high. Prices rose to then record-high levels in mid-2008 before falling in response to the 2007 financial crisis. OPEC's summits in Caracas and Riyadh in 2000 and 2007 had guiding themes of stable energy markets, sustainable oil production, and environmental sustainability.
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: Some examples about global organization   Some examples about global organization I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm quite interesed in OPEC whose commitee was held in Hanoi, hence I'm attracted by your topic  Smile Thanks for your post. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Tuấn Việt

Tuấn Việt

PostSubject: Re: Some examples about global organization   Some examples about global organization I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 7:30 am

you're welcome Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some examples about global organization   Some examples about global organization I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some examples about global organization

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1