FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to write English in an academic way?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

How to write English in an academic way? Empty
PostSubject: How to write English in an academic way?   How to write English in an academic way? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Actually, this is a topic I get from my group member. If it is really his question, I hope my article may partly help him improve the writing skill ^ ^. I do not dare to consider me a good writer so as to give you a piece of advice; but I just want to share with you some tips that I often do and look forward to your comment about my article Very Happy

Firstly, you should make a detailed outline before writing. It will make your article have a overview of structure as well as precise ideas selected. This is important for every essay and in any language.

The second mentioned here is that accompanied by writing, reading is an indispensable skill. It helps you accumulate more new vocabularies and grammar structures. Books, newspaper, magazines, etc always contain a lot of knowledge and interesting writing styles. You should put a small notebook besides to take notes some favourite sentences while reading in order to use when you need for your own writing. This is very proactive and natural way; avoid feeling depressed when you sit at your desk.

Lastly, in my opinion, diligence and patience are two vital factors while writing. No tip can be effective except for practicing as much as possible. Despite writing a diary, letters to someone or post your articles in English about whatever you like into any forums, your skill is able to be improved gradually in a smooth way. After a time for learning by heart so many new terminologies as well as grammar structures (“Academic Vocabulary in Use” of Cambridge) is a perfect study material for those who use specialized English), please apply them to your essays. However, you should avoid slangs, spoken language, abbreviations or whatsoever.

They are my suggestions for this topic. If they are incorrect or confusing, I hope you will ignore them and give me some comments.
Thank you so much!!! ^_^ flower 
Back to top Go down
helentran2711

helentran2711

PostSubject: Re: How to write English in an academic way?   How to write English in an academic way? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks Ngoc Anh, your topic is very helpful Very Happy Might need to buy all IELTS Cambridge books and get it done this summer. Hoping it's not too late Sad
Back to top Go down
Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

Nguyễn Ngọc Anh

PostSubject: Re: How to write English in an academic way?   How to write English in an academic way? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Yes, you' re right. I have done 4, 5, 6 Ielts cambridge in the first year. I think now i will focus on 7, 8, especially 9 because of some new change in Ielts exam  Smile
Back to top Go down
helentran2711

helentran2711

PostSubject: Re: How to write English in an academic way?   How to write English in an academic way? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Common let's all get 7 - 8 this summer =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to write English in an academic way?   How to write English in an academic way? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to write English in an academic way?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1