FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
FNB2.FTU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNB2.FTU

A place where you can share your hobbies, business ideas, or anything that you feel interesting...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The significance of body language in different cultures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nguyen_Hai_Anh

The significance of body language in different cultures Empty
PostSubject: The significance of body language in different cultures   The significance of body language in different cultures I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

- Nodding means " I agree " in most countries . But in some places in Greece , Bulgaria , Yugoslavia , Turkey , and then there is the opposite : " I disagree "
In Japan , nodded not necessarily " agree " which is a sign that the listener understands what you are saying .
The Bulgarian nodded "no " and shaking your head "yes "
- Mean grain output after " OK " in Thailand , the Philippines , India and Laos .
- Raised eyebrows : " Agree " in Thailand and some other countries in Asia . And in the Philippines, which means " Hello "
- Blink : " I want to share a secret with you ne ! " In the United States and some European countries . Blink is still flirting signals of the opposite sex in a number of countries , including Vietnam.
- Eyes half closed , " boring " or " too sleepy " in the United States . But in Japan and Thailand , China , then to mean : " I 'm here to listen ."
- Pat ( forefinger ) on the nose : " The secret that home ! " In the United Kingdom , but it means : " Look out! " Or " Watch it ! " In Italy .
- Gestures : Italians often gestures when chatting but in Japan , gestures while talking is considered impolite .
- Zoning hand : In some countries , arms crossed means: " I 'm defending " or " I disagree with you where " .
- Signs " OK " ( thumb and index finger forming the letter O )
 " Nice " or " Fine " in the United States .
The Germans understood as " idiot " or "You contemptible "
The French understood as " zero " or " worthless "
In Japan, a sign of money
As another indignity in Greece, Brazil , Italy , Turkey, Russia and some other countries .
- Only point : In North America or Europe , use your index finger to point is normal .
In Japan , China , but others just by pointing fingers is considered extremely disrespectful and rude . People often use both hands to indicate someone or something is .
- Direct eye contact when communicating : Expressing confidence of communication in the European countries , Canada , the United States , but contrary to the Japanese people staring into the eyes of communication , especially for new acquaintances or higher is considered as impolite .
- Gestures "touch" depending on the culture that is received or not received for each individual. Generally, in countries like France, Latin America, Israel, Greece and Saudi Arabia, touching people often communicate more opponents when compared to countries like Germany, Britain, Japan and the countries of North U.S..
- Shaking hands : common greeting gesture that the business world is shaking hands or use , but immediately in handshake also represents the cultural differences . In the U.S. , people often squeezed and shook his opponent's hand to show confidence . The British tend to shake the hand from three to five times . In Germany and France , shook his hand and squeezed between one and two times is enough . Asians embark lightly and slowly . Latin Americans generally mild and hold hands because the long , withdrawing too soon can be seen as the enemy despise gesture
Handshake gesture not common in some countries , such as Japan and Korea , instead of shaking hands , they bowed bowed to each other . Indians greet each other by clasping his hands together as in prayer. The Arab and Muslim countries are taking place right palm on the heart and handed out.

- Look : In each culture , eye contact gestures bring many different meanings . When speaking , the Finns and the French often gaze enemy while Japan and South Korea to avoid eye contact because it's considered an irreverent gesture , rude . In the United States people just stared into each other's eyes half a second ; while in Italy , Spain and Latin America , eye contact time may be longer . In some places , looking down to avoid eye contact with the enemy and is seen as a sign of respect . In some African countries , if a lower status than the enemy 's gaze will be considered disrespectful . In Southeast Asia , people just looked at each other when the relationship has been established sustainability
Back to top Go down

The significance of body language in different cultures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1